Friday, April 9, 2021

Pork Chops Beatrice

More Recipes With A Jug Of Wine By Morrison Wood Hardcover 1956, First  Printing | eBay 

 I truly hope this is better than the pork chops I had as a kid that turned me off to them forever! This recipe is credited to a Morrison Wood, but I am not sure who that is. I have reached out to my sister Mush for more information about this person. I did just google that name and came up with a cookbook author. Who knows?!

Ingredients

4 lean pork chops
1 tsp bacon drippings
1 Tblsp flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sherry
1 large onion, sliced

Process

1. Get pork chops cut about 1" thick. 
2. In a heavy skillet, put bacon drippings and hear until hot. 
3. Put in pork chops and sear them slowly on both sides. 
4. When nicely browned, drain most of the renderings, leaving only enough to form basis for a roux. 
5. Remove chops for a moment and place into renderings, sprinkle with flour. 
6. Mix flour and renderings thoroughly until smooth. 
7. Put the chops back in the skillet. 
8. Add chicken broth and sherry. 
9. Peel and slice onion thinly and spread slices over the chops. 
10. Cover skillet and let simmer for 45 minutes. 

Serves 2 to 4 "depending upon capacities"

No comments: