Friday, April 16, 2021

Cream of Celery Soup

Campbell's Cream of Celery Condensed Soup, 10.5 oz - Kroger 

 This recipe makes me really excited because I hate using Campbell's condensed cream of soups in recipes and , poof!, here is a fix to the problem. It's become such a staple in modern life to dump a can into the crock pot and call it good, and I have forever been saying, why can't we just make it at home. My mind on sustainability, I will now be researching if this recipe is safe to can and, if not, how I can make it something I can hot water can.

Ingredients 

Celery
large onion slice
pint of milk
I Tablespoon flour
2 Tablespoons cold milk
Butter
salt and pepper
cream.

Process

1. Boil celery for 30 minutes. 
2. Mash celery in the water it has been boiled in and add 1 Table spoon butter, pepper and salt to taste.
3. Boil large slice onion in a pint of milk. 
4. Mix flour with cold milk, and add to the boiling milk and cook 10 minutes. 
5. Mix both mixtures together and serve with cream.

No comments: