I found myself with some left over pizza dough this weekend and asked friends, through my Facebook status, for creative ways to use the dough. On chef friend of mine Christophe reminded me about Zeppole. Zeppole is basically any fried yeasted dough and it is the yummiest sugary dessert treat ever to hit Italy or my tummy!
oil for frying
- Shape dough into small balls or knots.
- Fry in your favorite frying oil. We use Canola
- Remove when thoroughly golden.
- Place cooked dough in a paper bag, douse with powdered sugar, and seal bag.
- Shake shake shake, dump out and eat!