Friday, February 13, 2009

Spinach Casserole

Every two weeks, as I near the end of a pay cycle, I turn to those "refrigerator meals" that use what is on hand and clean out the refrigerator at the same time. I am not a wizard with left overs like HiHo was, but I am pretty darn good at using what we have. This week, we have had a run on chopped spinach, something we always have on hand because of how much I love HiHo's spinach dip. Well, this recipe I am making tonight and it was given to me back in college by dear Ciri, who served it the same night she made that carrot soup I posted a few days ago. Simple, easy, and yummy even the kids love it!

Ingredients
3 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, cooked and drained thoroughly
1/2 package dried onion soup mix
1 pint sour cream
buttered bread crumbs

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix prepared spinach with sour cream and soup mix.
  3. Place in casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
  4. Bake 45 minutes and serve!

No comments: