1 tablespoon butter
1 1-pound bag carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 cups low salt chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon brandy
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
Fresh tarragon sprigs for garnish.
- Melt butter in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onion and saute until onions are soft (about 8 minutes)
- Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, uncover, and simmer until carrots are tender (about 10 minutes)
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth, unless you are lucky like me and have an immersion blender (thanks Mush) and you can do it in the pot! :)
- Return soup to pot (if necessary) and stir in orange juice, brandy and chopped tarragon.
- Simmer 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish soup with tarragon sprigs and serve.