Boeuf a la Mode (which translates to beef according to the prevailing style or fashion) was cooking lesson #2 for HiHo. Again, it did not list ingredients of proportions, however I have attempted to do so this time because the recipe is a bit more detailed. Mima said, "Really REALLY delicious".
IngredientsBrisket or eye of round, have it larded, and also knuckle of veal and if possible calves foot.
Marinade: 2 large onions chopped, 2 cloves garlic chopped, 2 cloves, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, cayenne, 1 bay leaf, grated nutmeg, ginger, and juniper berries (not absolutely necessary)
- Put meat(all tied together) in deep pot with marinade.
- Cover with white wine.
- If meat is not entirely covered in wine, add olive oil on top.
- Add 4 carrots.
- Let stand over night.
- Slowly cook over low to medium heat for 4 hours. Let cool in another pot.
- Cut string, take out veal bone and calves foot.
- Strain juice over meat.
- Let cool and remove fat from top.