While the notion of pate makes me cringe, I know that many people out there love it. I have already blogged Baba's pate recipe . HiHo also left a note that 2 of her favorite pate recipes were p. 56 of Fannie Farmer, and p. 34 of December 1963 edition of Gourmet. This recipe however is special for me to blog, particularly today, because it came from Aunt Julie - a dear chum of HiHo's from her days at MPS, but Aunt Julie was also my brother's God mother. So in memory of another dear woman, here is Julie's pate recipe.
2 cans Sell's Liver Pate
1 rectangle Philadelphia Cream Cheese with chives
1/2 box Knox Gelatin
2/3 can Campbell's consomme
bit of brandy
minces scallions (added by HiHo)
- Chill one mold
- Melt consomme and gelatin over low flame, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into cold mold and put into icebox until set.
- Mix together cream cheese, liver paste, scallions and a dash of brandy, and chill.
- 1/2 hour later, spread this on top of set gelatin and leave over night in icebox.
- To un-mold us a HOT dish towel. Serve on platter with crackers.