Here's a New England twist on Buffalo chicken, and can be used as a meal or a snack food.
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Tabasco
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Maple syrup
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons cayenne
1 teaspoons sugar
1 to 2 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips
1 cup vegetable oil
blue cheese or ranch dressing
- To make sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in Tabasco, Worcestershire, and maple syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In bowl, combine flour, cayenne, and sugar until blended.
- Add chicken to flour and toss until coated.
- Add oil to a skillet and hear over medium high heat.
- When hot, fry chicken. Add chicken gradually, being sure to shake off excess flour.
- Fry chicken in a few batches, being sure they are cooked through.
- Remove strips and "dry" on paper towel lined plate.
- When finished, place all strips in a mixing bowls and drizzle sauce over them. Toss strips to coat.
- Serve on a platter and serve with choice or dressing and celery sticks.
- Place finished strips on