This egg salad recipe is a favorite for our Last Weekend in June party. La, MarieNicole and I discovered it for lunch a few years ago and we have been fawning after it ever since. The recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks Chicken and Egg by Janice Cole. It is full of wonderful ideas for both chicken and eggs. Buy it - you will not be disappointed.
It was this morning when I put up my own egg salad recipe that I realized that this recipe still has not made my blog despite being online in various other sources.
This recipe is on Serge the Concierge.
This recipe is on Epicurious.
This recipe is on Food.com.
This recipe is on my mind and now it is on my blog.
6 hard boiled eggs
3/4 cup seeded and diced cucumber
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/3 cup sliced green onions (green part only)
3 Tablespoons lightly packed chopped basil
1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Run eggs through an egg cutter and into a large bowl.
3. Gently combine eggs, cucumber, shallots, green onions, and basil in the bowl.
4. Stir in the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to three days.
6. Serve with greens, pita pockets, or slices of crusty bread.