This recipe from Food and Wine is fantastic and I am so happy to have found it as it will be a frequent flyer at our dinner table. With only six ingredients, it is quick to prep, cook, and assemble.
Ingredients1 pound carrots—peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup green lentils
1 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped dill
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Scrape into a large serving bowl.
- While the carrots are roasting, in a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the lentils until al dente, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the lentils to the carrots along with the cucumber, dill and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, puree the feta with 2 tablespoons of water (or perhaps a little yogurt) and the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil until smooth. Season with salt.
- Spoon the dressing over the lentil salad and serve.