2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
One baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 12-ounce jar artichoke hearts
1/2 cup pickled capers (another flower bud), rinsed and drained
salt and pepper
1/2 inch of red onion, thinly sliced
1 small log goat cheese
Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Lay sliced baguette side by side, and spread half olive oil over each piece.
- Then coat each piece with chopped garlic.
- Gently toast slices in broiler under low heat. Remove and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, gently caramelize red onion slices. Remove from pan.
- In same saucepan, saute capers and artichokes with a little olive oil until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Gently spread goat cheese over both sides of bread (once cooled)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the sauteed onions, then capers and artichokes.
- Lastly top with freshly shaved Parmesan.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and pop in the oven an bake until lightly brown and bubbly.