The final soup in my recipe box is a soup that was one of SP's first Mystery Soups. He made it for one of the first Thanksgivings since we moved to Maine.
2 pounds parsnips, cubed
3 Tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
8 cups broth/stock (chicken or vegetable)
1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Spread prepared parsnips in a single payer on rimmed baking sheet
- Roast until brown, about 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add parsnips and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and boil until parsnips are tender, about 5 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Blend with immersion blender or in small batches in blender.
- Return to pot and stir in allspice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.