1/2 cup wine
1/2 cup water
a bay leaf
slices of left over ham, with fat on them
- Add first 4 ingredients to a medium sauce pan and reduce to half.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves
- Brown slices of ham in their own fat.
- Powder with brown sugar.
- Turn ham and brown other side.
- Put ham in shallow baking dish.
- In a separate pan put large piece of butter and let brown.
- Add 1.5 Tablespoons flour and let burn (yes it wants you to char it a bit).
- Add 3/4 wine and water gradually to make a roux.
- Pour roux over ham and heat in the oven.