So without further ado, here is Chantilly Broth.
1.5 cups mushroom stock
1 single stalk celery, cut up
3 Tablespoons minute tapioca
3 cans chicken consomme
1 teaspoon salt
2 dashes black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup cream, whipped
- Make mushroom stock.
- Soak tapioca in cold consomme for 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cook slowly covered, for ten minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into soup bowls or cups, topping each portion with a dab of whipped cream.