As an appetizer I spread Endive leaves with Boursin and topped witha locally made salsa.
Mashed purple potatoes and a Cheesy Cauliflower casserole. (From Giverecipe.com but see below). I made the cauliflower extra cheesy but I did use an orange Cauliflower.
Lamb with mint jelly and a nice wine.
Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
- 5 cups small cauliflower florets
- ½ lemon to avoid the bad smell when cooking cauliflower
- 1 and ¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 390F
- Steam the cauliflower florets in a steam basket for 10 minutes. Place ½ lemon in the steam basket or in the pot to avoid the bad smell.
- Drain and transfer the florets into very cold water. Drain and put aside.
- Whisk milk, olive oil and egg. Add in flour, salt and black pepper and whisk until smooth. Fold in ¾ of parmesan. Toss in the steamed cauliflower florets and coat them well with this sauce.
- Transfer it into a casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, throw the remaining Parmesan over it and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts and gets golden.