Ingredients (to make one pancake)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix the first four ingredients into a smooth batter
- Melt butter in pan. Now there are specific German pancake pans. You can use small omelet pans or small cast iron pans.
- Pour batter into pan and fry until golden brown, checking with spatula to be sure it doesn't stick.
- Turn with spatula, completely over.
- Make about 4 criss-cross cuts on surface with spatula.
- Put in over and back for about 12 minutes. Pancake begins to rise after about 7 to 8 minutes.
- When done, remove from pan immediately. Choose what you want to serve it with: butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, jelly, sweetened cottage cheese, bacon - anything YOU want that suits the meal!