2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
sour cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Slowly saute the garlic until golden.
- Season the garlic with spices
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, and peppers and heat a bit.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover for 5 minutes. Stir.
- Heat for another 10 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender. (or else let cool and then work through blender in batches and return to pot).
- Divide soup into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.