1/4 pound lard
2 good size onion
1.5 Tablespoons paprika
6 to 7 medium sized yellow squash, grated
5 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup flour
1/2 pint cream
1/4 cup milk
- In deep saucepan, fry onions in lard until golden brown.
- Added grated squash to onions.
- Fill pot with enough water to cover squash.
- Stir in vinegar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and let cook for about 45 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and cream, whisking out lumps.
- Pour into squash and stir well.
- Add milk for texture.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cover pot and let heat until ready to serve.