Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chutney Dip served with Bugles


This was another recipe given to me at my bridal shower. However, the recipe was far from new to me on that day, for I had been eating this regularly since I was about the age of 8. Our next door neighbor, a wonderful grandmother from Canada, would serve this all the time, along with her regular teatime invites. I grew up playing with two of her granddaughters regularly. I don't think I have seen Bugles around much as of late. Are they even still made? Well here's a nod to Granny Boultbee, still going after 97 years! I miss you!!!

Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chutney, chopped (use Major Grey's or half and half with Raffetto chutnut Colonial chutney)
3 Tablespoons minced green onion
1/2 teaspoon salt or less
pepper to taste

Process
  1. Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly.
  2. Put in refrigerator until chilled through.
  3. Serve with Bugles for dipping.

No comments: