While this recipe is not about the Queen toasting diplomats I could not resist the opportunity to use that as the picture for this recipe. This recipe is a lunch or breakfast version of my favorite Welsh Rarebit. Yum! Enjoy with your most local honey please! Proportions are dependent on numbers of people. Serve one slice of bread per person. This recipe calls for you to remove the crusts from the bread. I would like to suggest that you take those crusts and put them outside for the birds to eat. I do that all the time with my bread heels that the kids don't like. In summer months, the squirrels will eat them too.
slices of bread
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Saute bread in butter until toasted and remove from pan.
- In double boiler, melt butter.
- Add almonds and honey to heat.
- Pour over toast slices and serve.