1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 Tablespoon butter
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned and cut into cubes
corn tortillas, cut into thirds
1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
1 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
2 cans chopped green chilies (or to taste)
1 cup shredded cheddar
sour cream dollops
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion and celery until soft.
- Add the prepared chicken breasts and cook until chicken is done. (note you can boil or saute chicken in advance)
- Line a 9x6x2 inch casserole dish with tortilla strips.
- Add the mixture from skillet on top.
- Now spread undiluted cream of chicken soup on top.
- You may add a couple of dollops of sour cream if you wish.
- Cover with another layer of tortilla strips
- Combine green chilies and stewed tomatoes in bowl and spread on top of tortilla layer.
- Cover thoroughly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Make at 350 for an hour or until bubbles appear.
- If you choose double the cheese on top.
- Serves 6, with dollop of sour cream on top.