Monday, February 2, 2009

Bombay Duck


This recipe is one of the more confusing to find a picture for because there is an ugly overly-large-lower-jawed fish known as the Bombay Duck. Again my lovely Wiki has helped me hone in on the true Bombay Duck. In this recipe, you will use 2 ducks that you would find at your local market or butcher shop. I know they can be hard to find so you may want to befriend your local hunter during duck season, and hence the picture I chose. Mima noted that Bombay Duck could be found at her local delicatessen in NYC, but I can not confirm that that is still the case.
Ingredients
2 ducks
water
curry powder
green pepper, chopped
peanuts, chopped
hard boiled egg, chopped
chutney (Major Greys?)

Process
  1. Boil 2 ducks in large pot until tender.
  2. Remove from water and boil.
  3. Reserve the water the ducks were boiled in to make a curry sauce. There are many ways to do it, but that is the link I chose for now.
  4. Reheat duck.
  5. Serve on rice with chopped ingredients.
  6. Cover in curry sauce and enjoy!

No comments: