1/2 cup heavy dream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped in food processor
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound cake cut into 1 inch pieces
2 pints strawberries; rinsed, trimmed and cut in halves or quarters
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the steam until steam begins to rise.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and stir until melted, smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and stir until blended. Sometimes I will put it back over medium heat if I think it needs a little extra umph.
- Pour the chocolate sauce into your fondue pot and put over heat as directed.
- Serve with pound cake and strawberries on individual fondue forks for dipping.