Did you know there is a penguin called the macaroni penguin? I was searching and searching for a good picture of macaroni when I stumbled across this one. Who knew!? OK, back to my recipe...
This recipe originates with my family and is listed as a cooking lesson. Mima noted that is made a good party dish. This recipe became a favorite for HiHo to cook for her family. I ate this many many times as a child. I still have her hand written book mark on this page in the cook book. This is a recipe your kids will enjoy! I am keeping the recipe as it was written for my mother, therefore ingredients and proportions are not provided.
- To a pot of boiling water, add salt and pepper, thyme and a little olive oil.
- Add shell macaroni.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Put olive oil int he bottom of another pot.
- Slice 3 onions into it, very fine, and let brown.
- Add three tomatoes cut up, without seeds, but keeping skin on.
- Cook slowly until reduced.
- Add ground meat and heat.
- Add grated cheese and 1/2 glass white wine.
- Add more oil if too day.