Monday, February 2, 2009

Macaroni Sacillis


Did you know there is a penguin called the macaroni penguin? I was searching and searching for a good picture of macaroni when I stumbled across this one. Who knew!? OK, back to my recipe...

This recipe originates with my family and is listed as a cooking lesson. Mima noted that is made a good party dish. This recipe became a favorite for HiHo to cook for her family. I ate this many many times as a child. I still have her hand written book mark on this page in the cook book. This is a recipe your kids will enjoy! I am keeping the recipe as it was written for my mother, therefore ingredients and proportions are not provided.




Process
  1. To a pot of boiling water, add salt and pepper, thyme and a little olive oil.
  2. Mix
  3. Add shell macaroni.
  4. Cook 20 minutes.
  5. Put olive oil int he bottom of another pot.
  6. Slice 3 onions into it, very fine, and let brown.
  7. Add three tomatoes cut up, without seeds, but keeping skin on.
  8. Cook slowly until reduced.
  9. Add ground meat and heat.
  10. Add grated cheese and 1/2 glass white wine.
  11. Add more oil if too day.

No comments: