1 large onion finely chopped
1/4 cup Light Italian dressing ( we like Newman's Own)
2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup, divided into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup (we use organic so that there is no HFCS in it)
1 package Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
1 cup water
2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In skillet over medium heat, saute onions in Italian dressing, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine meat, 1/4 cup ketchup, stuffing, water, egg whites, and onions and stir to mix well.
- Place mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, pushing into loaf pan to level.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup ketchup on top of loaf.
- Bake 55 minutes to an hour or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.