1 stick butter
1 stick margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup Crisco oil
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup finely chopped nuts
1 cup Old-fashioned Quaker Oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and margarine.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and oil. Beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat again until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir.
- Add nuts, oats, coconut and Rice Krispies. Fold in until well blended.
- Cover bowl with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour. Dough will be stiff enough to handle.
- Spray cookie sheets lightly.
- Pinch off small piece about the size of a marble. Flatten with your fingers. (Regular size cookie sheet will hold 24)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- After taking them out of the oven, leave on the cookie sheets for a few minutes. Cool on racks.