This recipe was another one from my bridal shower, brought to me by my green bridesmaid Marcy. I don't think she knew about my relationship with mushrooms, but these little suckers look great and tasted really good because several people told me so!
1 loaf Wonder bread
4 Tablespoons butter
1 lemon, squeezed for juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 package Crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut crusts off loaf of bread (throw them outside for the birds to eat).
- Place bread slices on piece of wax paper, and roll thin with a rolling pin.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then add chopped mushrooms.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add Dijon and Worcestershire along the way.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Butter one side of a slice of bread (the inside of the roll up).
- Spread mushroom mixture on the buttered side of bread.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Roll up bread slice, and cut into thirds.
Serve on tray as a yummy warm appetizer