Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Marcy's Mushroom Madness Rollups



This recipe was another one from my bridal shower, brought to me by my green bridesmaid Marcy. I don't think she knew about my relationship with mushrooms, but these little suckers look great and tasted really good because several people told me so!

Ingredients
1 loaf Wonder bread
4 Tablespoons butter
1 lemon, squeezed for juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 package Crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1Tablespoon Dijon mustard

Process
  1. Cut crusts off loaf of bread (throw them outside for the birds to eat).
  2. Place bread slices on piece of wax paper, and roll thin with a rolling pin.
  3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then add chopped mushrooms.
  4. Simmer for 40 minutes.
  5. Add Dijon and Worcestershire along the way.
  6. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  7. Butter one side of a slice of bread (the inside of the roll up).
  8. Spread mushroom mixture on the buttered side of bread.
  9. Put in oven for 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
  10. Roll up bread slice, and cut into thirds.
.
Serve on tray as a yummy warm appetizer

No comments: