Monday, September 19, 2016
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Beth made Chicken Divan last night and I loved it! I had never heard of it before even though it seems to be fairly wide spread and well acclaimed. As a lover of curry it really hit the spot, but I love that she was inspired to do it from green beans from her grandparents garden. She told me that there are many variations out there but she combines elements to taste, therefore several ingredients listed don't have specific amounts.
3 Chicken cooked breasts (shredded or cubed)
A couple handfuls green beans, steamed
Cooked Rice (for serving)
For the topping:
3 TBS melted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
For the sauce:
2 cans "Cream of" condensed soup
1 cup mayonaisse
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded white cheddar
1 cup white wine
3 Tbs lemon juice
3 to 4 TBS curry
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cook the chicken. Shred or cube it.
2. Steam the beans.
* preheat oven to 350 degrees *
3. In a skilled melt the butter.
4. Saute the minced garlic in the butter.
5. Add the Panko, stir to combine, and toast until golden brown.
6. Remove from the heat and add Parmesan cheese to taste. Set aside.
7. Start the rice.
8. Prepare the sauce from the ingredients above.
9. Combine the meat and the veggies on a bowl with the sauce and mix well.
10. Add to a baking dish and spread evenly.
11. Top with the Panko mixture from skillet.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve over the rice.