1 can re-fried beans (MUST be the bottom layer)
Mashed avocado (works well on top of the beans)
sour cream (gently spread on top of avocado)
shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
chopped red onion
optional ingredients for added layers of fun:
shredded lettuce (typically a top layer)
chopped black olives
- In bottom of a glass baking dish, spread the can of re-fried beans.
- Next gently spread the avocado.
- Then gently spread the sour cream.
- Gently pour salsa over that.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Add chopped red onion over that.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips and scoop out of dish.