The title of this recipe has always given me great pause because no one in my family is Spanish. If I didn't know they came over on the Mayflower, I might have thought that they got this recipe from Columbus - he was kind of Spanish right?
This recipe is a favorite over many years. I know my father would request it for Mom to make, but I am hoping that my sister Mushy will help fill in some of the stories of our grandparents. This seems like the perfect first soup for my blog. Many many more soups to come - in fact my next recipe is a soup!
Sopa de Ajo (Garlic Soup)
5 cups beef stock
1 cup sherry
1 garlic set
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
- Heat stock and sherry. Bring to a boil.
- Peel, slice and dice the garlic.
- Heat olive oil in pan and saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add to boiling stock with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain out garlic and reheat.
Here's to you Mom!