Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fans

These cookies are credited to my great-grandmother. There are no eggs in this recipe and with some simple replacements these could even be made for Vegans. The instructions are a bit tricky but a little hands on learning always works for me. These cookies are to look like fans - the old traditional type of hand held fans. For antiquity's sake I have left her wording as is.

Ingredients:
2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups butter

Process:
  • Mix ingredients and roll.
  • Take a circular cover and cut into 4 parts
  • Crease with knife handle like a fan
  • Bake on cookie sheet.
* no temp or time is given so presume 350 degrees until golden brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best friend and I hated each other from age 4 to 16. We bonded over cookies and Doritos in your kitchen on Christmas Eve. I remember Hi Ho refilling plates of fork-dipped peanut butter cookies and smiling while the two of us made amends. It was lovely!