2 red cabbages
1 apple; peeled,cored and chopped
1 onion peeled and chopped
1+ kippered herring, chopped
- Scoop out the insides of one red cabbage, chop fine, and place in bowl.
- Add apple, onion and kippered herring. Stir.
- Add salt, mustard, mayonnaise, and vinegar stirring to desired consistency and seasoning to taste.
- Halve the second cabbage.
- Put first cabbage on plate, placing leaves of second cabbage around it. Fill shell with salad.
- Serve with toothpicks and leaves of second cabbage. Put scoop in shell to scoop out onto leaves. Enjoy.