1 lb Halibut
I loaf crusty bread or 1 pint breadcrumbs
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
4 eggs separated
and ingredients for the sauce (to be made while mold cooks)
1/4 lb almonds
2 Tablespoons butter
1 pint cream, 2 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Chop the one pound of Halibut very fine.
- Cook 1 pint bread crumbs, from middle of loaf, with 1 cup cream to a smooth paste.
- Add fish, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon celery salt.
- Beat egg whites and fold into mixture.
- Bake in mold lined with well greased wax paper.
- Bake until firm - about 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- While fish is cooking, blanch 1/4 pound almonds, chop fine and blanch in 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Make a cream sauce from 1 pint cream, 2 Tablespoons flour, pepper and salt.
- Add nuts and butter.
- When finished cooking, turn out mousse and cover with sauce.