Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crabmeat Claridge


I am unsure if Claridge refers to the famous hotel in London, but many of their more famous recipes do involve crab meat. I can just picture Baba strolling into this foyer of the Claridge, sending Lambert to the kitchen in order to get recipes for the farm! What ever it's origin, this one sounds delicious (and easy!)

Ingredients:
Cream
Mustard
Worcestershire
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
Canned Alaska Crab meat
grated cheese


Process:
  • Make a rich cream sauce and season with mustard and Worcestershire. Make enough to make one pint.
  • Add one can Campbell's tomato soup to one pint sauce.
  • Add canned Alaska King crab meat and heat.
  • Put in baking dish.
  • Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
  • Bake until cheese melts.


* Back in the day, "make a rich cream sauce" was probably a standard statement, but today I am sure many readers won't know the first place to start. While any good remedial cookbook should have a recipe for this in it, and I know Joy must have handfuls of recipes, I thought I should add a link to a cream sauce recipe.

http://www.kitchenlink.com/cookbooks/2002/1893062295_2.html


No comments: