Pesto Chicken with Tomato Mozzarella Salad
This is one of those super simple meals which we make any number of ways when we want a simple supper. We don't follow any recipe to make this dinner because we wing it every time!
1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person.
pesto (and jar will do but it's best with freshly homemade)
1 or 2 tomatoes
ball of fresh mozzarella
balsamic vinegar (in the picture I used a balsamic vinaigrette)
- Cover chicken breast with pesto. Save some pesto for basting.
- Choose method of cooking chicken (broil, bake, or grill) and begin.
- While chicken begins to cook, slice tomatoes and slice mozzarella.
- Go baste the chicken with pesto.
- Layer tomatoes and mozzarella on top of each other on a large plate.
- Sprinkle basil over each tomato pile and then add a drizzle of vinegar or vinaigrette.
- Go baste the chicken again. Test with meat thermometer and remove when reached an internal temp of 170 degrees.
- Slice breast into pieces. Dish with a few tomato stacks and enjoy!