5 egg yolks
3 tablespoons butter
- Beat 5 egg yolks in saucepan.
- Add 1 Tablespoon butter, salt.
- Stir over a slow fire until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from fire, stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir at side of fire until butter is dissolved.
- Season with chopped parsley and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
* Clearly the farm had a wood cook stove in the kitchen. I think the directions are easily enough translated into the modern stove language. I love Bearnaise on my steak, but only have steak once a month so I don't clog my arteries every time. I am curious about her using parsley and not tarragon. When I make it, it is made with tarragon.