2 pounds ground meat - EITHER/OR beef, turkey, pork or chicken. feel free to mix and match.
2 cups EITHER/OR Stove top stuffing or bread crumbs (*I used Stove top tonight, but Erin told me it has HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) in it so I will be eliminating that pantry ingredient too*)
1/4 cup A1 sauce
1/4 cup EITHER/OR Chili Sauce (my preferred) or Worcestershire (# cause I didn't have chili)
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 package low sodium packet onion soup mix
Optional ingredients (adding a couple of these highly recommended (# = I added it tonight)
chopped Cornichon pickles #
chopped green bell pepper #
1 cup shredded cheese #
chopped mushrooms (I will never cook with mushrooms but I know some people like SP love them)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Fold into two loaf pans or one 9 x 13" baking pan
- Bake for one hour.
- Remove, enjoy, refridgerate left overs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and salad, with A1 on the side.
- Make sandwiches with cold (or hot) leftovers, lining bread with mayo and chili sauce.