Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Meatloaf

Meatloaf - that's what was for supper tonight! Well we also had left over salad and crispy yogurt chicken along with Ree's homemade (garlicky) ranch dressing. I love meatloaf - always have. My favorite meatloaf is the leftover meatloaf that I can make into a sandwich, both pieces of bread covered in mayonnaise and chili sauce. I never make meatloaf the same way twice. In fact this makes this recipe very hard to write out. There fore I have chosen to write it using the EITHER/OR method, coupled with a list of optional additions. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground meat - EITHER/OR beef, turkey, pork or chicken. feel free to mix and match.
2 cups EITHER/OR Stove top stuffing or bread crumbs (*I used Stove top tonight, but Erin told me it has HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) in it so I will be eliminating that pantry ingredient too*)
1/4 cup A1 sauce
1/4 cup EITHER/OR Chili Sauce (my preferred) or Worcestershire (# cause I didn't have chili)
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 package low sodium packet onion soup mix


Optional ingredients (adding a couple of these highly recommended (# = I added it tonight)
chopped Cornichon pickles #
chopped green bell pepper #
1 cup shredded cheese #
shredded carrots
chopped mushrooms (I will never cook with mushrooms but I know some people like SP love them)

Process:
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  • Combine all ingredients.
  • Fold into two loaf pans or one 9 x 13" baking pan
  • Bake for one hour.
  • Remove, enjoy, refridgerate left overs.
  • Serve with mashed potatoes and salad, with A1 on the side.
  • Make sandwiches with cold (or hot) leftovers, lining bread with mayo and chili sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am making this right now for dinner, Madz! Yum!!