Thursday, October 9, 2008

Orange Marmalade Souffle

My father in law loved marmalade. I wish I had made this for him while he was still alive. I know my father likes marmalade too so maybe on my next visit I will choose this for his dessert. Oh wait... I can't I took his double boiler. Ho hum YUM!

Orange Marmalade Souffle
(steamed)
Ingredients and materials:
6 egg whites
1/2 cup orange marmalade, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
1.5 quart double boiler with lid, buttered and sprinkled with sugar

Process:

* Beat egg whites
* Fold in marmalade and turn into double boiler.
* Cover and cook over not too rapidly boiling water 1 hour.
* DO NOT LIFT COVER - IT MAY GO UP WITH THE SOUFFLE!
* Turn out on a serving platter
* Serve with marmalade sauce (chopped marmalade heated with a little water)

No comments: