1 cup black coffee
3 tablespoons butter
2tablespoons grated chocolate
3 eggs, separated. Beat yolks well with 1/3 cup melted butter. Beat whites stiffly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scald one cup coffee.
- Cream 3 tablespoons butter creamed with 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons grated chocolate.
- Stir coffee into above mixture and remove from fire.
- Stir mixture slowly into beaten yolk mixture.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in medium oven in dish set in hot water (hot water bath) for 25 minutes.