Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mima's Egg Salad


This recipe is written as the intended filling for a Caviar Jelly ring. I had hard boiled eggs on hand and was going to make the Egg Salad Ring recipe, but couldn't find my gelatin. So I fast forwarded in my recipes to go ahead and make this. Great idea for lunch, and a kid friendly recipe for little cooks. Our daughter helped shell the eggs, noticed the smell, remarked that she didn't like the yolks, but after tasting the salad said, "Well now I like the yellow things!" Enjoy any day as a snack, salad, or sandwich! Yum!

Ingredients
8 eggs, hard boiled
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
A few minced sour pickles
2 teaspoons chopped pearl onions ( I didn't have any so used a few of the onions in my Cornichon pickle jar)
1/2 cup + mayonnaise
salt
pepper

Process


  • Hard boil 8 fresh eggs (often done the night before so they chill)

  • Peel and chop eggs.

  • Mix with celery, pickle, pearl onions, and mayonnaise.

  • Season with salt and pepper to taste (I often add a little curry powder)

  • Serve on lettuce as a salad,as a dip with knife and cracker, with 2 slices rye bread for a sandwich, or as a center stuffing on the other mold recipes.

2 comments:

mushy said...

My husband sometimes adds sweet green relish and/or mustard to his potato salad.

Maine Mom said...

I think Mushy meant to write egg salad in place of potato salad.