English Toffee Candy
1 C. granulated sugar
½ lb. Butter or margarine
3 T. water
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 small Hershey bars, chopped
¾ C. chopped pecans (optional)
- Place the first four ingredients in a heavy saucepan and cook until brown, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Pour onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Carefully place the Hershey bars across the hot mass and spread gently as it melts.
- Sprinkle pecans over the top.
- Let cool.
- When cooled break into pieces of the desired size.