Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pizza Dip

Ingredients:
1 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 small jar pizza sauce
Pizza toppings of your choice (all chopped up)
Mozzarella Cheese

Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together, place in bottom of dish or bread bowl covered in foil.
  3. Place in oven until hot and bubbly, and cheese is melted.
  4. Serve with or in bread.
I like to get a loaf of round bread, hollow it out and put the dip in it, then take the chunks from the inside to dip into this. Can also use crackers or bread sticks.

2 comments:

KaitCav said...

Another great dip is Buffalo Chicken Dip for the holidays. I saw that you had it on your site but thought I would share my recipe. I highly recommend using a shredded cheese or crumbled blue cheese in your recipe. Also, I make mine with Swanson Chicken because canned chicken saves so much time and Swason is made with only white meat (I work for them so I know!) so I feel good about using it in my recipe. Here it is:
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cans (9.75 oz each) Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
½ cup Frank’s ® RedHot ® Sauce
½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers

Directions:
1. Stir cream cheese in 9” deep pie dish until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.

Tips:
Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing and shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese for blue cheese crumbles.

Also, check out www.buffalochickendip.com!

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! A nice contrast to the usual holiday fare, too. :)