Sunday, November 9, 2008

Microwavable Macaroni and Cheese

I got this recipe from a Mom in my mom's group. I believe it was Erin. I forgot all about this low hassle recipe and just found it while going through my cook book shelves. I have only made it once and doubled it easily for our family of five. Anyone with kids knows that mac and cheese is always a winner with kids!

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1 7 ounce package of elbow macaroni
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (but fresh Dijon would be good too!)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1.5 cups milk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Process
  1. Cook macaroni as directed and drain.
  2. Melt butter in 2 quart microwavable casserole dish.
  3. Stir in flour and seasoning.
  4. Microwave 30 to 45 seconds on high.
  5. Add milk and stir until blended.
  6. Microwave 4 to 6 minutes until thickened, stirring EVERY minute.
  7. Add cheese and stir until melted.
  8. Microwave and additional 30 second if needed.
  9. Stir in macaroni and microwave5 to 6 minutes, stopping halfway to stir.

ENJOY!

No comments: