Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hard Cider Braised Pork Shoulder


http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pork-shoulder-braised-in-hard-cider


This is what I am making for dinner tonight. I saw this recipe in this month's Martha Stewart Living magazine. I thought it sounded like a yummy autumn dinner and is perfect for this rainy night with friends over. I have doubled the recipe and find it is a struggle to flip that piece of meat. I am definitely stepping outside of my comfort zone because I am actually working with a piece of raw meat with a bone in it! I am using Hornsby's hard cider. The smell as it is coming to a boil is fantastic. I wish I had time to make my own hard cider but if it turns out to be a good recipe, maybe I will plan ahead next year! I'm not going to tell you how it turned out, I will let my guests do that for you so keep an eye out for comments! Here's a couple of pictures I took though.

No comments: