1/4 cup yellow corn meal
1/4 cup Pearl Tapioca
4 cups milk
1.5 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sugar mixed with
1/3 cup molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg slightly beaten
- Butter an 8 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Soak Tapioca in water for 1 hour. Drain.
- Scald 3 cups milk over boiling water in a double boiler.
- Stir in corn meal gradually.
- Add salt and Tapioca.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes
- Add the butter, sugar, molasses, and cinnamon and stir to mix until butter is melted and blended.
- Stir in the egg.
- Turn into baking dish and pour remaining milk over the top -do NOT stir in.
- Bake in oven for 1.5 hours or until fairly firm in the center. Stir 2 or 3 times during the first hour of baking.
- Serve with plain or whipped cream.