1 quart strawberries (or peaches, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
4 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup red wine
1.5 cups Rice flour
1 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven 300.
- Heat strawberries, sugar, and wine on back of stove. Do not boil, pour of juice, and simmer to reduce.
- Meanwhile to make the pastry, mix flour and butter with hands.
- Add two dessert spoons cold water.
- Pat into balls and then throw back and forth from hand to hand for 5 minutes.
- Roll to the size of a pie plate.
- Put in pie plate and fill with BEANS.
- Bake in hot oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove beans
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Just before serving put in berries and pour juice over.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Easy to make and perfectly delicious!