Another version of a family favorite. This recipe is what got me liking Dijon in my Mac and Cheese! I recommend doubling this recipe so that you know there will be left overs.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Black pepper to taste
8 ounces Grated Cheddar Cheese (we use Cabot)
8 ounces elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin cooking macaroni as directed.
- As that cooks, melt butter in large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and salt, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add all but 1/4 cup of cheese, the Dijon mustard, black pepper, and stir until melted.
- Add drained macaroni to cheese sauce and mix well.
- Turn mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in over for 15 minutes or more, until bubbly and lightly browned.