4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbs vanilla
3 Tbs sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Grease a cookie sheet
3. Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. In a mixer, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
5. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and continue to beat well.
6. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, and beat more until well combined.
7. Form dough into 1 inch balls, roll in a mixture of the 3 Tbs sugar and the cinnamon and nutmeg.
8. Place balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet, and flatten slightly with palm of hand.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yield = 5 to 6 dozen