Extra large zucchinis
crumbled Feta cheese or other shredded cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
thinly diced string beans?
- Start a pot of water, with a steamer or straining rack, to boil for steaming.
- Slice zucchinis in half length wise.
- Core the zucchinis, discarding seeds, but reserving the "meat" for the stuffing.
- Steam the zucchini shells gently. When finish them, allow them to drain inverted somewhere while they cool a bit.
- In a large skillet, over medium flame, heat olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add reserved zucchini meat and stir to combine with onions.
- Simmer vigorously to let it evaporate some liquid.
- Add remaining vegetable ingredients that you choose, and simmer until cooked.
- Place cooked vegetables in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (the crumbs, cheeses, dill and any other seasonings. )
- Preheat broiler on high, with rack in middle of oven.
- Place steamed zucchini shells on a lightly greased/oiled baking sheet.
- Stuff shells with the stuffing mix in the bowl, distributing evenly among the shells.
- Top each stuffed shell with grated Parmesan or other cheese.
- Place loaded baking sheet under a preheated broiler.
- Carefully broil until the filling is bubbling and the cheese is browning on top.
- Slice into pieces and serve.