1 inch thick slice of Bucheron (it comes in wheel shaped slices)
Red wine vinegar
- Place Bucheron on a lipped plate on the counter and let warm for 15 minutes.
- Pour a little vinegar over the Bucheron and let sit again.
- Chop your fresh herbs and sprinkle over Bucheron.
- Pour a little more vinegar over the top.
- Every 15 minutes or so, "baste" the cheese by spooning contents of the dish back over the top of the cheese. If you feel it needs a little more vinegar, don't hold back!
- The cheese will become softer and almost more translucent as it marinates. You may even choose to flip the cheese over to marinate the other side as well. If you do this, please add more chopped herbs to the newly surfaced side.
- Continue to marinate until ready to serve.
- Serve with plain water crackers and enjoy!